Holborn, London EC1N 2ST, UK
Who we are
Nested is reinventing estate agency in the UK. The way we buy and sell homes is fundamentally broken, so we are revolutionising it by bringing transparency and honesty to the industry. We are a hugely ambitious team, backed by Europe’s leading VCs and led by an experienced founding team who have previously built successful businesses (GoCardless, Songkick).
Our unique ability to offer a cash advance to our clients is transforming the property industry. This coupled with our extraordinary team and a data-led approach truly sets us apart. We are continuously challenging ourselves to provide a better customer experience, improve our practices and re-write the estate agency process.
Nested offers a collaborative, fast-paced working environment, perfect for those who want to make a big difference. We’re a close knit-team, with monthly socials, football and book clubs, and a catered lunch each Friday for our weekly all-hands.
If you love your work and want to influence a game-changing product, then come and make your “nest” at Nested.
The Business Development Manager's responsibility is to win new business. You will work with all members of the Operations team to deliver a tailored solution to people who want to sell their home for the best price and with certainty.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Providing a fantastic experience - offering impartial advice, handling customer expectations, discussing customer queries, overcoming objections, and ultimately closing new business
- Being the face of Nested. You will be visiting our customers in their homes with a focus on developing the relationship and carrying out a final appraisal of the property
- Acting as a trusted advisor - offering advice on how our customers can optimally present their property to the market. You will work with our Agency team to propose the marketing strategy achieving best price
- Sharing your objective view of the saleability of customer properties with our Underwriting team, enabling them to confirm final figures and advance amount which you will then communicate to the customer
- Regularly heading out of the office to meet with new customers and carrying out elementary visual inspections on their properties
- A desire to act with integrity and be a trusted advisor - putting the customer first and living the Nested Values
- Eagerness to work in a sales role with a clear focus on customer service
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly and establish a deep understanding of a customer’s unique circumstances
- Ideally experience in face to face, B2C sales position
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values
set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they are at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- 4% employer pension contribution - we use Welplan as our provider
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Healthy tech budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Catered Friday lunch + monthly team events
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.