Start Date: Immediate preferred
Salary: Competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
Closing Date: 31st October 2019
At Healx, we are discovering treatments for the 350 million people that are affected by rare diseases. We work with pharma companies, patient groups and charities to understand clinical unmet need and identify potential novel treatments for further testing. Healx is a fast-growing Cambridge UK Biotech, combining computational methods and deep pharmacology expertise to identify existing drugs that may treat rare diseases, enabling new treatments to be found at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional drug discovery.
As Data Engineer at Healx you will be joining a cross disciplinary Team of highly skilled computational biologists, biocurators, ML data scientists, engineers and pharmacologists who are all passionate about meeting urgent unmet medical need through AI powered drug discovery. You will be enabling our analytical workflows by provisioning data assets and models optimised for the latest AI technologies.
Activities will include:
- Building production workflows to ingest and expose multiple structured and unstructured data sources
- Working with scientists to understand data needs, evaluate potential data sources and develop suitable models
- Supporting Healx AI drug discovery efforts by ensuring data sources are consistent, up to date and available
Our ideal candidate:
- A graduate in a relevant informatics, mathematical or engineering discipline with at least 3 year developing computational data solutions in industry. Experience in life sciences / pharmaceutical sector and working with biological data preferred
- Accomplished programmer in Python and familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Passionate about applying their engineering skills to foster data driven collaboration
To apply please email your CV and cover letter. Applying by any other means may not be successful.