Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired, with more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries.
The next generation want a different experience of fashion that the traditional industry is struggling to provide. They want choice and individuality, the ability to buy on demand and sell on with ease. At the same time, they want to reduce waste. They want authenticity and to set their own trends. They are influenced by their peers and people they share values with. Our team of almost 200 people are dedicated to meeting these evolving needs.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion. And our global community is everything to us: when they succeed, we succeed.
Depop is headquartered in London, UK, with locations in New York and LA. With over 18M items available for sale and close to 1M unique sellers in the last 12 months we are already a clear market leader in this exciting space. We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by DAU (the only European player to do so). And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced marketer to join our world-class team. Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, the Head of Production is a key role in our global HQ with the responsibility of driving Depop’s creative execution and output: and working in close partnership with marketing leads in other countries to deliver campaigns and activations globally.
A varied role including but not limited to the following:
- Ownership of internal creative studio resource allocation, process, execution and performance: assessing and delivering on production needs
- Responsible for monitoring production tools and workflows across multiple projects
- Ensure all project deadlines are adhered to and the team are working efficiently including scheduling creative reviews and routing approvals and feedback
- Forward planning of (current and future) projects to ensure resourcing is effective and the team are being utilised to their full potential (and their specific skill set)
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of Producers (full-time and freelance) to deliver world-class, effective marketing across a range of projects/ media
- Hands-on ownership and delivery of key projects across Brand activations, events, digital marketing, social, CRM and more
- Identifying the scope of new projects. Allocating resources and collaborating with extended project teams to realise projects from briefing through to final production
- Working closely with our team of producers to manage pre-production inc. sourcing casting, booking creative talent, locations, production teams, styling, H&MU, travel
- Coordinating pre-production meetings and routing all approvals prior to shooting
- Managing shoot logistics and attendance, ensuring shot count/ deliverables are fulfilled
- Negotiating usage, costs and timing. Carefully managing master shoot budgets
- Managing post-production schedules including retouching, editing, master artwork files.
- Alongside CMO and other key Marketing Leads (in London and other offices), consistently drive process and efficiency within the global marketing function
- Develop and lead strong cross-functional relationships within Depop to ensure marketing processes are efficient and effective for all aspects of the business
- Lead strong relationships with external agencies and partners, internal/ external teams while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Monitor project costs (including freelancers, expenses, travel costs) in line with production progress and overall approved budgets
- Approve partner invoices before they are passed onto the finance team.
- Responsible for visual assets and maintenance of the creative server, ensuring all final assets are correctly saved, filed and named by the team (and freelancers)
- Keeping detailed records and updated databases, understanding and informing the wider team of usage rights and any other potential legal concerns
- Maintaining orderly job folders and planning documents
- Ensure that all projects have copyright protections and contractual documentation
- Ensure terms of business have been agreed with all relevant partners
- Ensure all freelancers have signed NDAs and employment contracts in place
- Extensive experience in a Senior Production Management role (a minimum of 10+ years working within a fashion, creative or agency environment)
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of creative projects including brand activations, advertising, physical events, digital creation and social assets
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively with partners, cross-functional teams, producers, creatives and senior management, both written and verbal
- Exemplary organisational skills, with solid experience of utilising scheduling, project and resource management tools, and of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Working knowledge of technical implications of photographic/film/video equipment, lightning and post-production processes and how they may affect production and budget
- Experience hiring freelance producers and creative artists, negotiating with recruiters to ensure rates are competitive and all relevant paperwork/ contracts are in place
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must. A “player manager” who can drive a diverse team, but also jump in to hands-on execution where needed
- Act as a brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
Having experienced phenomenal growth in 2017 and 2018, Depop is on a 3-year journey to become a $1 billion business operating in 5 major markets. In June 2019, Depop took a significant next step in achieving its ambitious goals, raising a substantial Series C funding round of $62m from a world-class investor: General Atlantic (previous investments include Airbnb, Alibaba, Buzzfeed, Delivery Hero, Facebook, Klarna, Slack, Snapchat and Uber).
Depop is at the forefront of a transforming fashion landscape, where young, stylish, passionate individuals will become the fashion and style icons and trend-setters of tomorrow.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive this expansion, whilst working with a stellar executive group that’s made up of talented, ambitious people with experience from a number of top-tier tech companies. Our team are passionate and genuinely love the brand.
Alongside this we have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, cycle to work scheme, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, gym discount and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a brand we all deeply care about.