Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven marketplace where our users buy, sell and get inspired. With more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries, our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion.
We are a platform catered to how the next generation shops, perceives brands, uses technology and seeks community. Buying and selling on Depop is a social affair. We focus on individual sellers allowing them to create their own unique profiles, through which they become brands on their own.
We have recently raised Series C of $62M and are positioned for strong global growth. We’re therefore on the hunt for a strong candidate to join our US Community team. You will be tasked with developing tactics to spread Depop’s platform far and wide, increasing our user base across the US and supporting the organization's strategic direction.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for driving the decision behind the city by city expansion of Depop, developing and executing a winning local go-to-market strategy. We are looking for a community-focused go-getter who is passionate about bringing Depop’s mission to new US cities.
- Identify which cities Depop should expand to and how, becoming familiar with local nuances, relevant partners and key players
- Develop a scalable expansion strategy, identifying channels to market, team set up, deployment of growth micro-tactics, and investment needs – with a view to rolling out nationally
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute the development plan, closely monitoring impact across brand awareness, new user growth and engagement
- Help identify, test, and execute new community growth initiatives across different locations and channels (both online and offline)
- Build-up and manage a team of local users, to continually drive growth and engagement in key cities
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years' experience ideally in consulting, project management or equivalent roles
- You have a track record of successfully building and implementing partnerships and mobilizing influential community groups
- Experience in owning and managing projects from end-to-end and are a natural at getting cross-functional teams working well together. You are able to seamlessly manage a project from conceptualization to execution, oversee multiple tasks simultaneously and take end-to-end responsibility
- You have experience coaching and managing teams, setting team and individual objectives and ensuring they are met
- Your commercial mindset is paired up with a strong bias to action, being able to jump in and troubleshoot actions in real time
- You possess clear and structured communication skills and your decisions are always supported by data
- You have experience working with youth communities or Millennial consumer bases. You are passionate about fashion, music, design or just a general culture, but above all, community-driven businesses
Now we're talking. We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate, and social team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days of paid vacation with options to buy/sell more, full medical and dental coverage, healthy snacks in the kitchen, team nights out and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about