At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
About the Global Business Development Team
We act as one of the main strategic drivers for the company’s global growth ambition. With a holistic understanding of the whole company, it is our responsibility to deliver innovative solutions to drive top-line revenues and improve bottom-line results. We’re facilitating strategic initiatives with external partners, clients, governments, end-consumers and even competitors that will optimize the company’s scalability in the smart cities of tomorrow.
Our goal is to enable the development of innovative business models, partnerships, and financial products to embrace a rapidly changing competitive landscape. By identifying levers of optimization and mutually beneficial alliances with internal and external stakeholders alike, we drive our quest to profitability and serve the overall growth of the company and value creation for our community. It is our intention to build a proof-of-concept and blueprint for next-generation projects as well as added-value projects, before implementing them into the overall structure of the company. As such, we consider ourselves entrepreneurs in residence.
We’re looking for candidates in the fields of (a) smart city, (b) new business models, and (c) financial services. Please indicate in your application letter (required!) why you’re the right fit for one of the teams.
Who You Are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Provide our executives and the wider business with the financial, data, and operational context they need to enable the successful execution of our company strategy and value-creating business development projects
- Own and operate data sets, timelines, deliverables and relationships for strategic projects
- Put together financial and business data for project simulation and visualize the results for decision making
- Support the progress of projects by delivering strategic information to the team leads
- Work with colleagues across the company to gather feedback and foster alignment for successful implementation of long-term partnerships
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree in a business/finance/economics related field
- 2+ years of experience in either a quantitative field (Banking, Consultancy, Venture Capital etc.), a fast-growing startup company, or the retail/FMCG space
- Advanced problem-solving skills mind-set to source, understand, structure, and visualize data sets for decision making
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to draw relevant insights from a mixture of qualitative and quantitative data
- Exceptional attention to detail and tight timelines
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday beers!