At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a superstar to join the data team as a Marketing Data Scientist. We work on impactful projects across our entire marketing mix, such as marketing incrementality, TV measurement, PPC bidding, propensity modelling, and sales forecasting. Our responsibilities and thus our skill sets are varied; we are engaged in projects from data engineering and architecture to modeling and analysis, from strategy and approach to implementation and automation. Most importantly, our work and voices are instrumental in the carwow’s decisions of how and where to invest in marketing. Our analyses, predictions, and recommendations found the backbone of our marketing strategy.
We strive to find the best balance between technical skills and commercial nous to create significant value for carwow. You will work on a team of 10 Data Scientists & Analysts within a smaller group focused primarily on Marketing. We work with well-maintained data, use great technology (our stack is documented here) and have one of the richest data sources in automotive. The right candidate is self-driven, has a passion for data and above all is excited about putting Data Science at the heart of carwow.
- Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
- 3+ years proven track record of making a business impact with Data Science
- Extensive experience using Data and Analytics to drive business decisions
- Experience and interest in working with marketing concepts, strategy, and technology
- Excellent SQL, RDB and data structures knowledge
- Strong Python and/or R
- Proficiency with Git workflow and experience contributing to shared code bases
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Xmas eve off
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in to