At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Support, develop and manage a team of engineers with clear expectations via practises such as 1:1s, goal setting, OKRs and constant feedback.
- Collaborate with product management, hardware, IoT and software engineers and various stakeholders to deliver user-centric & data-driven solutions in order to reshape the way people consume food.
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust while ensuring your team members’ growth and satisfaction.
- Foster an excellent engineering organizational setup and process, to ensure scalability, stability, security and performance of the systems and services you own.
- Drive clear communication with management and other team leads to identify dependencies, remove blockers, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
- 6+ years of experience with a key focus on modern web & mobile applications and cloud services.
- Management experience of leading and building agile software development teams in high-performance organisations
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work.
- Great and effective communication skills across engineering, product and business teams. Fluent in English.
- Strong knowledge of Python, PostgreSQL, flask or Django, Google Cloud, Cloud Native databases, serverless architectures, RESTful Web Services.
- Strong knowledge of asyncio, Protobuf and k8s, GraphQL, contract-based testing, Confluence and Jira is a big plus
- Embrace modern engineering practices and have strong and problem-solving skills
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday beers!