At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
About the Operations Team
The Operations Team is there to drive customer satisfaction and deliver our promises. As our high-performance team is growing rapidly, we are looking for an operational buyer that will work closely together with all divisions.
You will provide daily support to category manager by creating purchase orders, following up with suppliers, maintaining purchasing information, and ensuring the timely arrival of purchased items. As needed, the Buyer, is tasked with managing a variety of processes utilized to support the purchasing function, such as vendor investigations and document creation.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and feedback to category managers
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by category manager
- Ensure delivery date meet our MRP and production needs
- Follow up on late or missing PO confirmations & invoices
- Manage Vendor performance, driving improvements on time delivery, quality conformance, and other compliance issues
- Perform regular open order review meeting with Vendors
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and suppliers
- 2-year experience in procurement or supply chain management
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Fluency in German and English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to take ownership and work towards tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible personality that thrives in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to influence cost saving initiatives
- Strong skills in supplier management and relationship building
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office and Google Suites
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday beers!