At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As Plant Expert (Agronomist), you will be responsible for the health of our plants at our new infarm Plant Hub in Seattle. You are an experienced Agronomist and plant enthusiast, as well as a perfectionist motivated to grow top-quality plants.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Ensure plant performance
- Take responsibility of fertilization and plant protection
- Manage plant production conditions and processes
- Ensure full and accurate application of production guidelines
- Provide continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders
- Be in contact with relevant plant related professionals (ex. beneficials suppliers, research organizations, etc.)
- Provide continuous feedback and follow up on the guidelines received from the Global Crop Operations team in Berlin
- Deliver on-site trainings and onboarding for new growers together with City Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Master’s is a plus
- At least 1-3 years of experience in plant production, nursery, greenhouse, etc.
- Vast knowledge of plant health and detection of plant deficiencies and diseases
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under defined guidelines with precision
- Excellent communication skills
- “Hands-on” approach and proactive attitude
- Previous experience with hydroponic systems is a plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 20 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home