Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
Do you love building enthusiastic and engaged developer communities? Creating vibrant in-person meetups, workshops and hackathons while keeping the momentum going with great online spaces? Are you passionate about globally scaling the most important aspect of the next wave of computing platforms?
As a Community Events Manager at Contentful, you wear a lot of hats and interface directly with a lot of people. Ultimately, you own both the growth and quality of Contentful’s core community of developers, designers, product people and entrepreneurs.
The role will require substantial community engagement and that magical combination of excellent people skills, a knack for marketing/partnerships and a healthy dose of operational focus. You’ll be the architect of unique and engaging events in different cities around the world and help bootstrap local communities.
To do this, you’ll need to interface with local champion users, hop on the occasional flight and just plain hustle.
While you’ll need to be able to operate autonomously and with initiative, you’ll have the support of the rest of our community, marketing and education teams.
● Plan and run regular in-person and online events for developers that help them get to know the platform and bring our team strong exposure around the globe.
● Be the voice of our community to our internal team so we continue building the right product to serve their needs.
● Craft and manage the themes and personality of our local communities by planning, drafting and editing content.
● Keep the momentum of our in-person engagements going by supporting our online communities.
● Overall responsibility for engaging with our local communities through events.
● You have significant experience (2+ years) putting on events and engaging developer communities with autonomy
● You are familiar with developers software products
● Not afraid to talk about technology
Are able to drive key metrics such as:
● Event attendance and engagement
● Community size and engagement rate
● Community retention and referral rates
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.