Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Director, Services Sales you’ll be accountable for the management and growth of Contentful’s Services business by working closely with the license sales team, technical sales team and clients to scope and sign services engagements. You’ll be the primary point-of-contact representing Contentful’s Professional Services organization and will be measured against attainment of a personal services quota. In addition, the Director will provide executive oversight in achievement of team goals, employee development, issue escalation, negotiations, contracting, etc.
The Director will have an emphasis placed on supporting more strategic accounts, larger software deals / larger services opportunities, larger quotas, and will have a significant role in planning & strategy supporting their peer on the license sales team. Candidate should demonstrate the use of consultative sales techniques to develop and broaden sales opportunities throughout the territory. Contentful is rapidly growing; thus, it is critical that candidates are self-motivated and highly organized to be successful.
- Ownership of services opportunities through all stages of the sales cycle – with an emphasis on more strategic opportunities with enterprise clients
- Ensure achievement of Services booking targets
- Drive alignment with Enterprise license sales teams to support opportunities and drive “attachment” of consultancy and/or education to deals
- Development & maintenance of the services pipeline
- Providing accurate weekly services Bookings forecasts and develop ‘accelerate & close’ plans
- Drive the services pre-sales process with license sales leadership to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
- Create & deliver client-facing services presentations / Statements of Work including scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules
- Contribute to RFI’s / RFP’s which require services-related content
- Develop relationships with Business Partners to “co-sell” a blended delivery model where appropriate
- Ensure smooth transition from the sales phase to the delivery phase
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of the Contentful product and corporate messaging
- Salesperson. 10+ years of relevant Sales experience, preferably in a Software company.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong motivator of people.
- Experienced. 10 or more years in customer-facing positions as a professional services sales professional, with a software company’s consulting organization. BS/MS/MBA degree, with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Strong presentation skills. You love the idea of sharing the Contentful story and how clients can drive ‘outcomes’ with our platform.
- Excellent communicator. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Entrepreneurial. You understand how to build and grow a successful business. You understand the subtle distinction between accountability and responsibility.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for on-boarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We look forward to your application!