Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an organized, creative, detail-oriented and multi-tasking person who thrives in a fast-paced working environment, all while keeping a smile on your face?
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to work in our San Francisco office. You will most likely be supporting our VP of Partnerships and our VP of Customer Success with a variety of important initiatives and administrative tasks. You’ll be working in close partnership with them to help them reach maximum productivity, facilitate effective collaboration between their departments and support them in preparing deliverables for internal meetings (e.g., Senior Management, department and team meetings) as well as external customer or partner meetings. You may also be supporting our CEO at times, when he is working from our SF office.
This is a key role in helping us achieve our vision and keeping up with our rapid growth as you enable our Senior Managers to focus on their goals and critical tasks.
You will be part of an Administrative Services Team that consists of three other (Executive) Assistants in our Berlin office as well as one Executive Assistant in our San Francisco office. You will be reporting to the Executive Assistant to CEO who is based in Berlin.
As part of you onboarding, you will be traveling to our Berlin office (for a week or a little longer) where you will meet your peers as well as other Contentful colleagues and join various introduction sessions of the diverse departments.
Your tasks include but are not restricted to:
- Managing the calendar and schedule of two Senior Managers by facilitating workflows and driving maximum effectiveness—all while successfully handling last-minute changes
- Booking domestic and international travel and dealing with related expenses
- Conserving your Senior Managers’ time by reading, researching, prioritizing key matters on their behalf
- Assisting with the preparation of internal and external meetings and meeting (reporting) deadlines including compiling of minutes/to-do’s and/or presentations (e.g., for Senior Management meetings and (departmental) workshops and meetings)
- Organizing internal and external meetings as well as team-building events including administrative and logistical (onsite) support (in alignment with external vendors and internal team members)
- Build strong work relation and partnership with your onsite peers (Administrative and Workplace team) to support office growth and further development of processes and staff engagement activities
- Additional side projects that require creativity, leadership, and a willingness to figure things out (which can be related to your VP team(s), Administrative team or company-wide)
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position and working with high-level executives and teams
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills, requiring little guidance
- Proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment
- Exceptionally strong ownership and “can-do” attitude
- Solution-oriented approach to master work tasks without being afraid to challenge and optimize existing procedures and processes
- High degree of flexibility and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice; superb multi-tasker
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, effectively building relationships at all
- levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Familiar with G-Suite applications, Microsoft Office and productivity tools, and fast to learn how to master new cloud-based applications
- Highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt working hours if necessary (in case your Senior Manager is traveling to a different time zone, e.g., CET, ET, PT)
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.