Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including British Petroleum, Telus, Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an HR Administrator, you’ll be joining a team that is passionate about people and challenging traditional HR methods. You are the right person for this position if you enjoy wearing many hats and are willing to pitch in whenever and wherever possible. Our focus is on the employee experience, and our San Francisco office is an expression of that focus. We can’t wait to see how you and your ideas can help make it even better!
- Execute a high-touch, personalized onboarding experience for all new hires. This includes welcoming them to the company, coordinating hardware, coordinating travel to the Berlin office, setting up orientation meetings, running HR onboarding meetings, acting as a resource to answer new hire questions, and more!
- Manage and execute North America payroll. This includes both salaried and hourly payroll, regular commissions/bonuses, and weekly expense reimbursements. Additionally, you will be responsible for regular reporting to the finance department based in Berlin.
- Work with our Global PEO to onboard and administer payroll for remote employees
- Manage the onboarding, contracts, and weekly payments of outside contractors/consultants.
- Be the first point of contact for employees regarding benefits and act as the liaison with our benefits brokers. Participate in strategy meetings and administer annual open enrollment. Reconcile and pay monthly benefits bills, ensuring appropriate documentation. Administer annual ACA and SFHCSO reporting.
- Manage, enter changes, audit, reconcile and clean employee data/documentation in our HRIS, BambooHR. Maintain and update reports and dashboards.
- Analyze metrics and trends, suggesting appropriate action based on insights
- Administer Workplace Harassment Prevention training, ensuring all new employees and managers are added to the system and complete their training in a timely manner.
- Administer offboarding processes for terminated employees, including ensuring appropriate systems are updated, equipment is returned, exit interviews are scheduled, and any required paperwork is completed.
- Create and organize employee events for the SF office, both individually and in collaboration with our Workplace Experience Coordinator
- Perform regular check-ins for new hires, ensuring they are having a seamless onboarding experience and are ramping up quickly
- Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Audit and document current people operations processes, making recommendations for improvements
- Assist HR Team with projects on an as-needed basis (job architecture, diversity and inclusion, etc)
- Previous experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, or People Operations at a technology company.
- Experience managing data in an HRIS or ATS. Bonus points for BambooHR specific experience and reporting experience.
- Understanding of US benefits administration, including health plans, pre-tax benefits, and open enrollment.
- Proficiency with general office applications such as GMail, Google Docs, Microsoft Word. Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on details and work independently.
- Ability to manage confidential matters.
- Familiarity with employment law.
- Comfort with changing demands and priorities is a must!
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!