ABOUT THE TEAM
Data sits at the heart of Revolut and plays a uniquely crucial role in what we do. With data we build intelligent real-time systems to personalise our product, tackle financial crime, automate reporting, track team performances and enhance customer experiences.
Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company – apply today to join our world class data department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As data engineers, it is our goal to ensure that every question at Revolut can be answered by anyone in the organisation using SQL.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining and enhancing our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Developing and owning core tools, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Developing with an emphasis on scale, reusability, and simplicity.
- Complementing our data scientists by providing a reliable, secure, and maintainable modelling framework.
- Guarding code quality and fighting technical debt across the whole company.
- Mentoring, leading and scaling our data teams.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- You are self-disciplined. We hate micromanagement, and assume you do too.
- You can communicate concisely and effectively.
- You're a team player. Working in our team is a continuous process of learning and teaching.
- You are pragmatically lazy. If it can be automated, it will be automated.
- You are proactive. Taking initiative is hard, but we always recognise and reward it.
- You are fluent in Python. We primarily use Python 3.7.
- You are deeply knowledgeable of some flavour of SQL.
- You have experience with real-time data frameworks -related services such as Kafka or Flink.
- You have experience with CI/CD - Docker experience is essential.
- You are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- You have worked with cloud-based infrastructure such as GCP
- Knowledge of other languages and an understanding of their perspectives.
- Being Postgres-native.
- Experience with an MPP or columnar database. We use BigQuery and Exasol here.
- Extensive use of Kubernetes, Helm, or other orchestration related tools.
- Use of config-as-code or infra-as-code tools such as ansible or Terraform.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Medical insurance
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap