Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as it is...
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars since we launched
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
Every day, the People team strives to create the best place to work for mission-driven people. As a key part of our business, our team makes sure that Luno attracts, hires and retains the best talent. The team consists of superstars who maintain their networks in specific industries, and because they are immersed in the talent pool, our team is able to connect with the brightest candidates who are excited about our vision. We see ourselves as the culture guardians, and strive to deliver the best possible employee experience to all Lunauts. Onboarding our monthly group of Newnauts, encouraging continuous skills development and personal growth, and partnering with our people leaders to achieve their goals, are just a few of the things we do to make coming in to work the highlight of your day.
You will report to Sarah Robertson, meet her here!
Your mission will involve
- Applying your in-depth understanding of the employee life cycle and ensuring innovative problem solving is implemented, in partnership with management and internal stakeholders (onboarding, probation, staff development, staff moves, offboarding)
- Facilitating positive employee relations and the development of high performing teams
- Actively working towards improving employee engagement, in partnership with management, employees and stakeholders
- Supporting the Customer Success department with change management and company wide initiatives such as performance management
What your experience looks like
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related Human Resources discipline, and you have practically applied this knowledge in the workplace
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a HR Generalist role
- You have a calm and approachable attitude and can adapt your interpersonal style as required
- You have great attention to detail and can apply consistent, pragmatic and fair advice
- You can provide guidance and support with regards to employee relations and the application of South African labour law
- You have payroll processing experience from new employee onboarding onto the HR system to changes during the employee lifecycle
Your first six months
- You will drive change in conjunction with the Customer Success leadership as part of our mission to delight our customers by providing a world class Customer Success team.
- You will partner with management across the entire employee journey, including probation, engagement action plans, feedback mechanisms, performance management, effective leave management, developing team guidelines
- You will support, and be involved in the wider People Team’s roadmap of projects as part of our mission to upgrade the world of work
- You will work independently, be decisive and take action while being supported by your fellow team members
- You will build good working relationships and delight your internal customers, offering pragmatic, solution oriented advice!
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, continuously develop (via MyAcademy) and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- You will receive an annual Inspiration Day to take over and above your annual leave. This is a day for you to spend on something that brings you joy!
- We'll take good care of your appetite with lunch catered (Mondays-Thursdays).
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your hairy friends.
- Sweet treats are also plentiful as we like to celebrate key milestones, wins and life in general.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities, an annual summit and drinks on Fridays for whoever wants to join!
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.