We are looking for Software Engineers (Backend) to join our Engineering team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now has over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
You will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems, depending on your ability and interests, you will:
- Write backend infrastructure code for transaction processing, order matching engines, analytics, etc
- Work on diverse set of projects including web front-ends, internal systems, trading, APIs, security, mobile apps
What you need:
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, distributed computing, software design
- Familiarity with git, testing, software design
- To be able to pick up new skills and languages quickly
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A passion for cryptography, security and Bitcoin
Be part of the change! 🚀