We are looking for a System Operations Engineer to join our IT Operations team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage, and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female, with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
The SysOps Engineer will join a small and dynamic team, supporting the organisation globally. Working with the latest and greatest kit and technology stacks (all AWS), you’ll be responsible for the entire internal technology suite that makes the business as efficient as possible in its operations.
What you need:
- 5-7 years of broad exposure experience.
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or relevant AWS experience.
- Proficient with Bash and/or Python scripting.
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Linux, Fortinet, SAML/SSO, LDAP, 802.1x and MacOS.
- Proven experience with orchestration technology (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Cloudformation).
- Experience managing and scaling fault tolerant infrastructure.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP, SFTP, IPSEC)
- Cisco/Fortinet experience.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Zabbix and Nagios).
- Interested in cryptocurrencies (highly advantageous).
More in-depth info of what you’ll do:
- Use your expert knowledge in AWS, Linux/Unix command line to establish and maintain all internal Luno hosted services.
- Use your experience around Network virtualisation to implement and maintain global VPNs.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions and applying configurations in line with the latest industry security practices.
- Ensuring systems and network uptime using monitoring and alert tools.
- Data backup/recovery and storage.
- Manage general IT infrastructure including servers, networking and internet at Luno offices.
- Help to establish disaster recovery protocols for physical and virtual IT infrastructure and ensure high availability of internal IT services.
Be part of the change! 🚀