Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as it is.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
As an innovative, hands-on Talent Acquisition Specialist, you’ll be key in ensuring that Luno attracts, hires and retains the best talent within our Customer Success team. This spans across all levels and roles, internally and externally. Your EQ and customer-centric approach will ensure you establish meaningful relationships with your hiring teams, becoming the go-to person for all things related to Acquisition within the space. You will report into Daisy Rasaki, meet her here.
Your mission will involve
- You will shape our hiring practices, ensuring scalability as we continue to accelerate our hiring within Customer Success
- You will coach and upskill our hiring teams on full-cycle recruitment e.g. giving effective feedback, interviewing, unconscious bias etc.
- You will source and attract candidates by using a variety of creative methods, not just LinkedIn or our careers page
- You will drive planning and facilitating relevant events and initiatives to drive the acquisition strategy
- You will ensure an impressive candidate experience
- You will create hiring reports and using data insights to shape our current and future hiring goals
- You will build our employer brand as a “best place to work” for top talent
- You will assist with talent mapping, improving our EVP and anything else that will enhance the candidate's journey beyond the hiring process
What your experience looks like
- You have extensive work experience as a generalist recruiter, preferably with exposure to high-volume hiring in a customer focused environment
- You have a preference for and understanding of how data can shape and enhance your attraction strategy and practices
- You are on the top of your game when it comes to prioritisation and time-management
- You breathe collaboration – it's all about achieving solutions together
- You are creative and have a high attention to detail
- You have that positive ‘can do’ attitude and are a self-starter
- It would be great if you are familiar with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum
In your first six months, you will
- Have built strong relationships with your key stakeholders, both with your team and our Customer Success team
- Help ramp up the Customer Success team from 75 to 140+ by April 2020
- Have recruited globally, picking up experience in South Africa and Malaysia.
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, emerging markets, and together we'll work on scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, continuously develop (via MyAcademy) and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- Annual Inspiration Day, over and above your annual leave allocation.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for our hairy friends.
- We are known for celebrating key milestones, wins and last but not least: life in general
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and frequent socialising gatherings for whoever wants to join!
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
🚀 Join us on a journey to upgrade our customers - and the world - to a better financial system by providing the most amazing customer service and support 🚀