THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business' and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
About the Role:
As a BI Developer you will have the task of delivering high-quality software and highly performing software systems within an Agile environment. You will be a pivotal part of our Business Intelligence and Data function, implementing best practices and aiding the wider team to deliver great solutions.
- Provide analytical and development skills across a range of business areas, producing timely documentation and ensuring proposed solutions are fit for purpose
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports as required
- Adhere to team standards for processes and documentation
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge
- Conduct thorough analysis and diagnosis of problems
- Monitor evolving IT trends and business requirements, working with third parties to identify and assess appropriate tools/solutions as required
- Proven experience developing Business Intelligence solutions, and developing data warehouses
- A solid understanding of ETL / ELT processes
- Proven ability to perform effective analysis on large scale projects, providing realistic estimates and timescales as part of the analysis
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively (verbal and written) with others across the business, and externally, at all levels
- Work well under pressure, able to prioritise and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to cope with a fast paced environment where priorities change to meet business needs
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Technical Experience Required
- Experience of working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Understanding of database design and development
- Understanding of dimensional modelling and how this can be applied in a business environment
- Understand the lifecycle of data warehouse design and development
- Strong T-SQL
- Have experience in creating/managing Stored Procedures, Database Triggers, Transactional model
- Experience in developing SSIS Packages using various data sources
- Experience in developing and deploying SSRS reports.
- Able to administrator SSRS server against permissions and structure
- Have an understanding of data cubes within an SSAS environment
- Experience in developing within SQL server ranging from SQL Server 2012 – SQL Server 2016
Technical Experience Desired
- Have experience in design and development of data cubes within SSAS
- Experiences in developing reports within Tableau
- Experience in administering Tableau server including user/permission management