THG is one of the world’s leading online beauty and well-being retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA and Myprotein. Our most recent acquisition, Eclectic Hotels, includes two of Manchester’s most impressive hotels, King Street Townhouse and Great John Street Hotel; both of which will enable us to deliver enhanced customer experiences, host influencer and brand-led events and create engaging content. This acquisition is a fantastic addition to our growing portfolio of luxury Beauty and Wellbeing brands.
We're currently recruiting for a Food and Beverage Assistant to join King Street Townhouse, a baby grand hotel that has 40 bedrooms and suites. Fully paid training is offered, making this the perfect opportunity for someone looking to work directly for an established company, as well as furthering their career in the hotel industry. The hotel also includes King Street Tavern (bar, restaurant and wine cellars), afternoon tea rooms, conferencing /event space, gym and treatment rooms, which are available to hotel guests. King Street Townhouse boasts some amazing features, such as its rooftop infinity spa pool, with views of the spires and clock tower of Manchester’s iconic town hall.
Applicants must have previous experience and knowledge of food and beverage. The Food and Beverage Assistant will be responsible for working in all areas of food and beverage as needed to deliver an excellent guest experience. The ideal candidate must be able to work using their own initiative and be able to prioritise their workload. They will also be required to work a flexible shift pattern which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Able to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships