About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Universally recognised as one of the world’s leading Spa and Skincare Brands ESPA’s inspirational vision and innovative approach continues to shape the Luxury Spa Industry. The expertise, passion and aptitude of our global design team has resulted in the creation of over 500 spas across 58 countries, each providing guests with unsurpassed wellbeing experiences.
About the Role:
As the Head of Spa Design you will work closely with Architects, Designers, Directors and Owners, to manage and lead a team to deliver world class Spa Design projects globally.
The role will involve occasional travel overseas and can be based either in Farnham or Manchester.
- Project Leader for all Internal and External partners coordinating and facilitating all conference calls between ESPA/Hotel Owners/Architects/Interior Designers and Builders
- End to End Project Management including concept, facilities and image briefing
- Initial concept and project management of all ongoing and new projects
- Working closely with all architects on layouts, floor plans and all technical data across, electrical, mechanical, plumping and interior design
- Ownership and review of: interior designer drawings, FF&E specifications, hardware specifications, finishes and material specifications, finishes on all treatment facilities, review of lighting, landscape drawings
- Coordination with M&E consultants on heat experience, pools specialists, interior teams
- Full review and feedback on all M&E drawings including review of construction and shop drawings
- Scheduled on site walk through and coordination of meetings and reports between all external and internal teams with Full Site Inspections and feedback reports and recommendations
- Work closely with the owners on tailored Financial projection packages including: occupancy rates, double occupancy factors, hotel guest mix, average length of stay the Financial Projections Work which will indicate the potential profitability of the project and includes all projected revenues and associated costs including detailed cost of sales, staffing (with suggested staffing structure), appropriate salary levels and all other spa operating costs."
- Build the Top Line Year 1 Financial Projection Package based on all of the information and reports shared including capture rates, number of guests booking treatments, number of day spa clients, number of external treatments, therapist treatment time, treatment room occupancy percentages and membership revenue (if applicable)
Support on Pre-Opening Set Up Responsibilities
- Support given to review Spa and Financial Opportunities
- Year 1 P&L support and operational set up including: Linen requirements, creation of ESPA opening orders, music coordination, information tech set up, completion of Spa Technology, uniform requirements, marketing support, guidance and approval on ESPA Brand standards, technical advice on text and menus
- Support on P.R and collateral with internal partners
- Ensure successful hand over to Spa Operations Tea