End Date: 03/10/2019
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and expertise.
The Linux Engineer is a key member of the infrastructure team; which is responsible for operation and maintenance of the group ecommerce, public and private cloud platforms and development environments.
As a Linux Engineer, you will be part of a team that owns and operates Linux environments globally. You will have the opportunity to work on existing and new environments.
You will actively work with other engineers and senior engineers and be involved in the architecture of solutions for the group platforms.
We are looking for ambitious individuals that relish new challenges in a constantly evolving environment.
The role would be suited to someone with previous experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Linux environments. Previous experience in ecommerce or hosting would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Deployment, configuration, automation, and management of Linux systems based on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ensuring availability of the group platform and services.
- Provide day to day support to the business adhering to SLAs.
- Provide On-call support out of hours.
- Support other members of the team with technical decision making
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and being versatile to work in a fast paced environment
- Being able to manage projects working with other technical and non-technical teams
- Experience deploying, configuring, and managing Linux systems (CentOS or Ubuntu).
- LAN and WAN Networking knowledge
- Basic understanding of Network principles.
- Good understanding of Computer and Network Security principles
An interest in any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Automation technologies, platforms, and principles
- Configuration Management tools, such as Chef and Ansible