Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently last year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us, leading the creation and optimisation of rich media experiences that help people understand the language they’re learning through immersion in native speech. This is a great opportunity to create a new kind of immersive, rich-media learning experience that will help us on our mission of building the world's most entertaining learning app. There is a talented team and a serious commitment to pushing the boundaries of what a language learning app can do. Take what you have learned and use it to change the world for the better.
Product at Memrise
The Product team at Memrise works in cross-functional squads, made of Designers, Developers, QA Analysts, and a dedicated Product Manager. The squads are focused on a specific aspect of the product and people with different skill sets are working together to solve the same problem. Our squads are collaborative, innovative and small. Together, they test new ideas, launch and optimise new features and strive to give our users confidence in their language skills.
What will you be doing?
- Overseeing the product roadmap and targets for the Immersion Squad
- Developing hypotheses and designing experiments to drive user and business value
- Creating and delivering against a strong backlog of high value work
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and prioritize the backlog
- Working closely with a cross-functional development team to ensure timely delivery
- Clearly communicating progress, strategy and plans to the team and the company as a whole
What we're looking for:
- The ability to successfully drive outcomes on B2C mobile apps with millions of active users
- Experience launching new products or significant new features to existing products
- The ability to continuously deliver value, in small increments
- Proven ability to test hypotheses quickly and design meaningful experiments
- Experience working in a cross-functional, agile development team
- A deep understanding of mobile app engagement and retention dynamics
Bonus points for:
- Experience collaborating closely with content production teams
- Experience working on social network products
- Experience working on learning products
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- £975 Learning and Development budget for training, conferences, books and learning and development leave
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance with Vitality, and related perks (50% off a Virgin and Nuffield Health Gym memberships)
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Bi-weekly team lunch with Feastly
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: dodgeball, meditation, yoga, football, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.
What’s it like to work here?
Interesting. Fun. Challenging. Serious. Odd. Silly. It just depends on the day, really. But whatever day it is, we love what we do: helping people all around the world learn more about languages, new cultures and each other.
You’ll join our London team of open-minded, big-hearted, goal-oriented ‘Memrisers’, made up of linguists, developers, designers, marketers and more, all working together to do great things. Get in touch if you want to join the team.