Tab helps tourist businesses take bookings and get paid.
We make tools for places like hostels, boutique hotels, dive schools and surf lodges that simplify their lives, help them compete with bigger outfits and make their customers happy! Our goal is to boost local tourism, while helping backpackers and independent travellers make the most of their precious time abroad.
Our experienced team have backgrounds in startups and finance and founded Tab whilst in Y Combinator in 2015.
We're searching for a lead engineer to join us in our central London office (near Oxford Circus), to work across our entire platform, and ultimately lead a team of three developers.
This will be a hands-on management position: as a team leader first and a developer second, your main focus will be leading a team and helping organise its work to make great products whilst ensuring code quality, test coverage, and a sustainable working environment.
You will also be a key contributor to:
- architectural planning (inc. security & data)
- product design
- continually improving development methodology
- further recruitment
We want to find someone who:
- is excited by the chance to build something new as one of the first 15 team members at an early-stage startup within a fun market
- would like a careful, methodical workplace where technical decisions are made with due process rather than hopping on the latest shiny bandwagon
- thinks every good feature deserves a unit test or two
- believes in refactoring (because tomorrow will come)
- has opinions on product design
- wants to get involved in hiring
You should have a minimum of 18 months experience leading a small team, ideally in another startup or small company.