At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £55m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
The role sits within the growing finance team based in Victoria, Central London and will be responsible for providing high quality financial data and insight to support our business and have an active role in driving decision making. Reporting directly into the CFO, this role will work closely with the key C-suite and leadership team to ensure the business is driven to achieve its goals. You’ll develop strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels whilst deep diving into performance, working closely with other departments such as Data Science, Marketing, Product and Supply teams. This is an opportunity for someone to have a real impact on a business and make your mark on how the business should be run.
- Provide management and business leaders with advice and insight and play an active role in decision making
- Understand and shape the company’s thinking on key business drivers and levers for growth as well as profitability
- Financial modelling including business plans, on-going initiative tracking and driving new ideas
- Manage a team of skilled analysts at various seniority levels
- Own weekly/monthly performance reporting across the whole business, including communication/presentation of key findings, providing critical analysis where appropriate
- Drive KPI reporting and consistent themes across the whole business
- Investigate and assist in the development of new commercial opportunities
- Gather external and internal market information to support across the breadth of the business – new product initiatives, performance marketing and customer
- Collaborate across product, marketing and supply teams to ensure business strategy is at the forefront of what we do
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).