At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. This will only get more complicated as new types of car ownership and usage come to market, which we’ll help consumers compare and choose from.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £55m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
Reporting to the CEO & founder, carwow is looking for a Head of Partnerships, to rapidly grow our consumer reach, monetise further our considerable existing reach and find new channels for revenue.
This role will play a key part in the growth of the business, and provide a lot of autonomy and influence.
We see this as a sole operator role to start with, with the role hiring a team over time when required.
We are looking for someone who can go above and beyond what is just listed in this role description, who is always hungry for more, finds opportunities and wants to grow rapidly within the business.
- Create commercial partnerships with existing brands and websites who can drive incremental car buyers to carwow
- Create paid partnerships that offer clear incremental marketing reach and sales
- Work with our Editorial Director, Mat Watson, and his team to monetise our YouTube channel (2.7 million subscribers) without disrupting the viewer experience
- Work closely with our Head of PR to land endorsements and recognition from commercial organisations that we can use in marketing and in our product
- Work with partners who could use our service to sell cars directly to their gig workers, members or employees (i.e. not to consumers)
- Working with colleagues in Germany and Spain, to lead (where language allows), or assist and support them in setting up similar partnerships
- Work closely with product and data teams to work out how to integrate and report on performance with partners
- Later, work on how we could sell our data to third parties
First 6 months objectives
- Launch partnerships that are attributable to over 10% of all carwow UK revenue
- Win endorsement from a well-known consumer brand that we can use in all forms of marketing and on our product
- Create over £200k revenue, or cost saving from suppliers/partners, on our YouTube channel, all with approval from our Editorial Director
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).