Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are searching for a strategic team leader to head up the Customer Success Operations team that demonstrates excellent analytical and operational skills to support the Customer Success team with process/methodology, analytics, and material design, delivery, and execution. The Director of Customer Success Operations will lead an international team will be to drive continuous quality improvement, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Customer Success team. This leader will report into the VP of Customer Success and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics - and in implementing processes at scale.
- Reporting: Report to executives on renewal/upsell forecasts, trends, risks, and escalations
- Analysis: Track leading indicators of health, sentiment, renewals, and upsell - and analyze them to understand areas of strength vs areas that need improvement
- Goal-setting: Identify the right set of targets and metrics to gauge the success of the Professional Services, Customer Success Management, and Support teams.
- Accuracy: Design automation and process to ensure data is current and reliable at all times.
- Innovate and iterate on the Contentful Customer Success engagement model and customer touch points to delight the customer throughout their experience, reinforce the value delivered, consistently forecast retention, and drive expansion.
- Develop a methodology to quantify and monitor customer health (leveraging deployment, engagement, adoption, ROI, CSM sentiment, and CX), ensure customers are realizing their intended outcomes, and prescriptively guide our customers towards increasing maturity and value with Contentful.
- Create and implement processes to detect early signals of at-risk renewals and design playbooks for CSMs to address, and provide path to escalation.
- Measure the effectiveness of the team, capture operational metrics, create a cadence for review within team and expose metrics and associated insights to the executive and ecosystem teams
- Coordinate cross-functional process that help meet renewal and upsell targets, deliver on customers’ needs, including processes for CSMs to:
- Track onboarding and TTV with the Professional Services team
- Account planning and growth sessions with the Account Executive team
- Relay customer feedback to the Product team
- Tier existing customers, assign them to CSMs, re-distribute workload as needed, and forecast hiring needs.
- Drive cross-functional clarity and ownership on customer experience touchpoints, collect & share company-wide feedback to improve customer experience
- Continue to build out a world-class customer success toolkit that will enable every one of our CSMs to perform at his/her best including - standard processes and materials for customer meetings, EBRs, SFDC + Gainsight system entry
- Implement and manage software that facilitates CSM Ops activities
- Proven track record with 8+ years of customer facing experience (Account Management, Customer Success or Client Services) role, and at least 5 years leading a Customer Success or Customer Success Operations team
- Experience in a SaaS product environment
- Understanding of Customer Success processes/methodology and key metrics
- Proven ability to design and implement innovative programs, processes, practices or methodology across the customer success ecosystem
- Relationship-orientation with the ability to build relationships with peers across the company, partners and customers
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively across a matrix organization to achieve results important to your customers
- Willingness to travel as necessary to build strong customer relationships
- Proven history of creativity, personal drive, and ability to meet deadlines
- BA/BS, advanced degree a plus
- Shape the future: you’ll help establish our team culture and refine and perfect our sales motion
- Collaborate with amazing companies from all around the world on their most innovative new projects
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.