ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful is looking for a Solution Delivery Manager to join its Customer Success Department. This role will provide technical guidance to our customers during the critical phase of their project implementation. The ideal candidate is an experienced technologist with a working knowledge of project management as well as great interpersonal skills and an insatiable drive to learn.
Contentful’s Solution Delivery Managers are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists, developers and project/product managers and are effective liaisons with the customer project team. As a Solution Delivery Manager at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to work with international teams, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your technical guidance and product expertise will help customers make the right decisions and achieve success with their project. A reasonable expectation for travel to on-site visits would be up to 25%.
Within Contentful, you will work very closely with the Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects on accounts implementing Contentful. You will be following the architectural approach and project plan laid out by the account team in order to make sure the implementation is successful and delivered in a timely manner. You will also be expected to report and manage risk as well as adapt and work with the customer in real-time to overcome any obstacles.
The insights gained during your work with customers will enable you to provide valuable input to our Product Management and Engineering departments. Your first hand accounts of how customers interact with our product, tempered by your experience, will provide crucial real world context for our teams building efforts.
Your experience working with customers will allow you to further develop how Contentful works with customers, and provide better prescriptive advice going forwards. There are also opportunities to contribute to Contentful’s thought leadership by writing blogs and whitepapers, leading training workshops, or speaking at conferences.
- Provide implementation consultation, training and advice to customers about Contentful’s features and architectural design best-practices, thereby aiding their projects’ long-term success
- Oversee the planning, tracking and completion of all implementation tasks throughout the customer’s technical onboarding
- Identify and understand project risks, coordinate with respective teams as applicable to mitigate and resolve
- Create and deliver technical training on product platform features to customers
- Work alongside external project management and internal CS/SA teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Create prototypes or code examples to facilitate customer onboarding and to support projects
- Synthesize and communicate prospect and customer product feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Partner with the Sales, Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects, to ensure a successful customer experience with Contentful
- At least 3 years-experience in a similar technical consulting, Solution Engineer or Implementation Engineer role at a SaaS company
- Experience delivering digital projects that extensively use APIs (REST, GraphQL) and/or content management systems
- Practical experience working on projects that utilize microservices-based architectures and transitions away from monolithic architectures
- Experience with at least two of these web technologies: JS frameworks such as React, static site generators such as Gatsby, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs, etc. or experience with mobile development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field)
- Experience working with agile SDLC project management methodologies
- This is a customer-facing role and there is an expectation that you will build and maintain relationships with key technical contacts within the customer
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and recommend actionable solutions to support successful implementations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build diverse relationships and influence technical and non-technical audiences
- A problem solver with a cool head, able to deal with ambiguity, and work autonomously and with a team to drive customer results.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a technical audience
- Additional language skills are valuable, but not required (e.g. German, French, Swedish, Finnish etc.)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!