ABOUT THE ROLE
The German-speaking countries are one of the leading regions when it comes to the adoption of disruptive technologies such as Contentful Content infrastructure. Being the country of innovation, many well-known companies and hidden champions are implementing Contentful to power their digital experiences.
Contentful Customers are often very large and complex organisations who need tailored solutions and experienced care when it comes to their critical procurement decisions. Our Strategic Account Executives provide exactly that.
Over the recent years, companies from all verticals including finance, furniture, travel, entertainment and apparel have started adopting our product to develop, curate and deliver content to any imaginable digital product - from websites, mobile apps, kiosk solutions, social media, online stores, customer service tools to chatbots. Whether you drive a German car, enjoy Austrian energy drinks or ski the Swiss Alps - you have most likely used Contentful without even knowing it.
As a Strategic Account Executive in this critical market, you will be the key point of contact for an assigned set of very large customers and prospects mainly in one or several verticals such as telecommunications, utilities, finance, insurance, retail, media or automotive. Your role is to identify and develop new sales opportunities and grow existing accounts while ensuring customers meet their business objectives with Contentful.
- Selling the Contentful offer and core value proposition with a focus on very large customers within particular verticals or industries in Austria, Switzerland and Germany
- Developing and managing accounts through constant and broad positioning of the Contentful product portfolio, while maintaining and sustaining successful ongoing relationships with Key Decision Makers at C and D-Level
- Understanding pricing structures and negotiating contracts through to conclusion
- Meeting sales goals, developing account strategy and pipeline, negotiating pricing, discussing sales planning, managing processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Strengthen the relationship as a trusted advisor for the various stakeholders of existing and potential customers across multiple levels of organization and external parties in the assigned business segment.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop innovative proposals and delivering strategic sales presentation.
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 4+ years in a closing role with large and/or global enterprises, preferably with headquarters in Germany
- 4+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software or cloud solutions
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Experience in dealing with complex stakeholder management from technical teams, business sponsors, legal, compliance and procurement
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Proven experience in positioning, influencing and answering RFx type deals
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Native-level fluency in German as well as in English. Any additional language skills are a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 50%)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!