Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we're looking for a Community Moderation Agent to join our Content & Community Moderation team in our London HQ. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating and moderating users and listings to ensure Depop is a highly trusted platform and safe marketplace for our users.
In this role, you will use your curiosity and keen eye for detail to identify, investigate and take action on profiles that pose risks to other users and the business. You will also work with teams across the business in supporting projects aimed to improve our processes and further educate our users on issues related to fraud, item counterfeits and further infringements of Depop rules.
- Investigate user accounts and gather relevant information from different sources to prevent fraudulent activities and/or infringements to our Terms
- Communicate with our users in a friendly yet confident manner
- Review listings that may contain prohibited items
- Proactively keep up-to-date with anti-fraud and anti-counterfeiting knowledge and trends
- Respond to daily community support reports and issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Passionate about fighting fraud and have keen interests in topics such as anti-fraud and anti-counterfeiting
- You enjoy gathering evidence and connecting the dots to develop a detailed understanding of a case
- You have good attention to details but also able to see the bigger picture
- You are able to follow established processes and are not afraid of suggesting improvements where needed
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to make sound judgements, even under pressure
- Ability to mediate fairly whilst keeping your communication on-brand
- Highly adaptable to change in a growing start-up.
Bonus points for:
- Additional language skills, particularly Italian
- Experience with anti-fraud and/or anti-counterfeiting
- Experience with Zendesk or end user ticketing system
- Experience working in a startup environment
We have stylish offices near Old Street with a relaxed atmosphere and collaborative environment, where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, cycle to work scheme, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, gym discount and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.