Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
Our platform is used by over 1 million users per day
As the Depop community continues to grow on a global-scale, the systems and cloud infrastructure behind our product must be intelligently designed and built to withstand peaks and troughs in demand.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you'll be a driving force on this mission, mentoring less experienced colleagues, whilst ensuring best-in-class design and implementation of the next phase of our infrastructure. You'll be empowered to make architectural decisions and drive change if there's a more intelligent solution; we iterate and move quickly.
Through use of cutting edge tooling (Kubernetes, Golang, ConcourseCI), you'll be building the next generation of our platform, that empowers other engineers towards a distributed ownership of backend services, whilst championing Infrastructure-as-Code. Sound like your thing?
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog.
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Empower developers to take ownership of the operation, performance and availability of our services
- Play a key role in the build-out, migration to, and operation of a containerised infrastructure using Kubernetes and ECS
- Design, write and deliver software that improves the lives of our engineers and the scalability of our platform
- Get involved in the design and implementation of new user facing services
- Define and secure the current cloud infrastructure, that underpins our platform
- Take part in our on-call rota
- Improve, Measure, Automate, Repeat
- Intermediate level development experience in Python/Golang, or a comparable dynamic language such as Ruby or Perl
- Shell scripting and relating tooling (awk, sed, grep etc)
- Deep experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good working understanding of continuous integration/deployment tools and practices
- Distributed systems design and operation
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with using Terraform to design and implement infrastructure as code
- Experience with other major HashiCorp projects (Consul, Vault)
- In-depth knowledge of modern Linux systems internals (kernel, filesystems, network stack, systemd)
- Experience operating Postgres or another major RDBMS
- Solid networking theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, IP packets, DNS)
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Security-oriented mindset
We want to give our engineers the opportunity to learn and grow at Depop. So if you're keen to gain experience in another language or new area of engineering we can make it happen as part of your career journey with us. Depop offers the opportunity to work with such a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about.
There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We also run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.