Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
Experiment and create greenfield automation solutions as part of a brand new team
Our engineering team is scaling, and writing software at an unprecedented rate. The bottlenecks we’re facing as we grow include our deployment processes, and the ability of developers to autonomously deploy. We see considerable opportunity in creating new software-based solutions to automate and improve our deployment pipelines.
As a founding member of our new Developer Experience team, your primary focus will be on creating automation solutions to solve these problems. You’ll be creating tooling that will reduce the time from laptop to production; instilling more autonomy in developers so they can deploy their own services.
Through experimentation and the use of technologies across our stack (from Platform to Front-End), your work will be guided by continuous discussion and feedback with our back-end teams (Scala, Python and Web). Ultimately, the Developer Experience team will be crucial in creating and evangelising the foundations of best practice software development, and you’ll gain unrivalled understanding and exposure to each of our back-end teams.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog.
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Improve our engineering efficiency, through the creation of novel automation solutions to improve deployment processes
- Experimentation; using new technologies to find the best tool for the job
- Collaborating with other technical teams; Platform, Back-End (Scala & Python), and Web.
- Delivering monthly sessions with back-end teams to glean insights and provide updates
- Work closely with the Team Lead to design projects and outline OKRs
- Experience writing production code in one of our back-end languages; Scala, Java, Python or Golang
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) fundamentals
- Exposure to building and working with modern cloud architectures (ideally AWS)
- Strong communication skills, in order to effectively work with multiple teams and many stakeholders
- A willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
- An interest in owning projects and outlining deliverables
We want to give our engineers the opportunity to learn and grow at Depop. So if you're keen to gain experience in another language or new area of engineering we can make it happen as part of your career journey with us. Depop offers the opportunity to work with such a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about.
There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We also run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.