Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by DAU (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
Depop is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join our New York City team.
We’re currently building one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the fashion tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Support the Head of PR as the US PR lead
- Project manage ongoing US communications priorities
- Oversee and manage US PR agencies, advising on communications support for US campaigns, partnerships, events and PR-lead activations through always on-efforts that translate into consistent media placements
- Identify and present press opportunities where Depop and our community of sellers will resonate and ultimately drive earned media
- Contribute to press material development as it relates to executive talking points and briefings, award submissions, statements, Q&As, and general pitching
- Support Head of PR in corporate and rapid response communications, managing the press inbox and helping to guide timely responses to all US-facing inbound media requests
- Lead in PR reporting for the US, working with the agencies and Head of PR to deliver clear team- and company-wide reports
- Act as an ambassador/spokesperson for Depop in the US, fortifying relationships with key media, tastemakers, and influencers
- Represent the PR team in the US in a cross-functional manner
- 4-5 years of experience in fashion, agency, corporate or consumer PR & Communications and at least two years within a managerial position is ideal.
- Have an existing network of industry contacts (media, influencers) and relationships
- Proven experience in developing successful localized PR strategies for global brands, experience with fashion and tech brands is a plus
- Formidable knowledge of the media landscape in the US (both regionally and nationally) and understanding of the fashion industry at-large and is culturally aware of current trends
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communications skills
Now we're talking. We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and social team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days vacation, robust healthcare coverage options (medical/dental/optical) and employee benefits, options to buy/sell more on Depop.com, healthy snacks in the kitchen, team events, and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.