We believe that phone calls should be secure, engaging, void of fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, that the phone network is the largest social network in the world and it lacks a trust and engagement layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the phone call experience. We already serve nearly 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with mobile device makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to help us get the next 900M users?
We are hiring an Engineering Manager to shape and lead our team building our enterprise solutions for call authentication, call branding, call analytics and more. Millions of important phone calls go unanswered because people don't know who's calling and why. Hiya has a fantastic integrated solution and you'll be part of the team that builds and maintains a set of products and services to support those use cases.
As an Engineering Manager for the Connect team, you'll:
- Mentor, develop and guide your engineers so they can do their best work.
- Recruit frontend and backend engineers.
- Provide (and seek) feedback to your team, peers, and executives so we can all do better.
- Participate in engineering design and architecture decisions.
- Be a key contributor to roadmap planning and product definition.
- Work closely with other engineering managers and product managers to deliver great quality products and on time.
- Be a hands-on programmer, building critical features, and supporting your team where help is needed.
- Be on top of the latest and greatest technologies, tools, methodologies, and frameworks for frontend and backend software engineering.
- Travel a few times a year to our Headquarters in Seattle and to our office in London.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- You are a hands-on software engineer with backend (AWS) and frontend (modern frameworks) experience.
- You have managed senior and junior engineers.
- You have worked at a startup (< 500 employees) in the last 5 years or you believe you'll excel in a startup environment (high ambiguity, high urgency, fast-paced, low support structure).
- You are pragmatic and you believe that technology exists to make the world a better place.
- You have great verbal and written English communication skills. You are fluent in Hungarian.
- You've built modern products using most of these technologies: Kafka, DynamoDb/Redis, Scala, Kubernetes, ReactJS, etc.
This team will double in size over the next twelve months and deliver an important element of Hiya's overall strategy. You will learn and grow fast in just a few years and participate in an exciting journey in a fast-growing startup!
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion and we desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It's our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively in the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
This position is based in Budapest on our beautiful offices at a premier location.