At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
You are responsible to build, establish and execute the end to end Supply Chain in the US and Canadian markets. You will be in charge of building a team to carry out the following responsibilities: identifying suppliers, negotiating, buying, placement and delivery of purchase orders, warehouse stock management, inbound and outbound deliveries, arranging transportation and overseeing the timely delivery of materials needed to fulfill customer orders. This role will require you to be extremely hands-on, organised, able to cope well under pressure and have a passion for supply chain. You will report directly to the Regional Director US and Canada, ensuring a successful launch of the company and smooth operations post launch.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Establish the whole Supply Chain in the US and Canadian markets which would include the following activities:
- Negotiation with material suppliers and carriers in order to secure the best possible rates; tendering and contracting where necessary
- Accountable for minimum stock levels in the warehouse and replenishing customer locations as needed
- Lead material requirement planning and drive flexible, responsive and innovative supply chain processes in the US and Canadian markets
- Coordinate closely with the City Operation Managers and the Expansion Team to ensure successful implementation of the launches with respect to Supply Chain
- Maintain good client relationships to deliver the best customer service
- Create and deliver on key Supply Chain KPIs and monitor them on a regular basis
- Coordinate with Inventory Coordinators based remotely for all inbound and outbound traffic, consignments tracking including imports and customs, ensuring that these are conducted in the most efficient way
- Experience with handling suppliers, inventory keeping, warehousing and transportation
- Experience with building teams, developing talents and managing them remotely
- Experience in a similar role in a retail or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with chemicals handling and storage legislation in US and Canada
- Familiarity with export and import regulations between US and Canada
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Driven to achieve the highest quality in daily work
- Multi-tasking ability and quick response to frequent priority shifts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Organized, detail-oriented and trustworthy
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to work under stress
- Ability to travel a few times within a month is required
- Forklift license is preferred
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 20 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
The salary range for this position is 90-130k USD.