At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Provide our executives and the wider business with the financial and operational context they need to enable the successful execution of our company strategy
- Own and support the infarm business plan including functionality for switching between multiple cases
- Put together solid financial business cases for expansion into new countries and regions
- Display the results of modelling activities cogently in presentations
- Support the presentation of forecasts and unit economics during future fundraising exercises
- Calculate and take ownership of unit economics tracking on an ongoing basis
- Assist Financial Managers with development of business plans and budgets
- Develop financial forecasts and variance analysis
- Conduct project valuation for various new initiatives
- Create/update financial models to support FP&A functions
- Track current financial performance and KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities
- Assist managers via various database querying/reporting activities
- Conduct day-to-day FP&A functions
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree in a quantitative / analytical subject
- 2+ years of experience in either a quantitative field (Investment Banking or "Big 4" accounting firm in Transaction Services, Deal Advisory or Modelling & Analytics) or a fast growing startup company
- Advanced problem-solving skills: proven ability to independently devise inventive approaches to analyse potential scenarios and identify solutions to complex issues
- High financial modelling skills: comfortable building 3-statement models as well as using various valuation methodologies (DCF, LBO, Comps, Precedent Transactions)
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to draw relevant insights from a mixture of qualitative and quantitative data
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Start date: ASAP
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday beers!