At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
As Operations Manager you directly contribute to the success of infarm's Farming-as-a-Service business model. You will lead the urban farming revolution in Stuttgart by making sure that our plants are thriving, our farms are shining, our customers are smiling, and our network is expanding. To do this you will manage a highly functional team of infarmers and will lead key projects to improve harvest performance, sales and productivity. You should have the ability to build strong professional relationships, remain flexible, resourceful, and strive for constant improvements.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Lead the infarm team in Stuttgart, consisting of Operations, Plant Production, Logistics, and Customer Success
- Oversee plant production and nursery operations planning, employee scheduling, stock management, customer success, sales, and farm activation, providing your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Manage the infarm Plant Hub in Stuttgart
- Work closely with the HQ Recruitment team to hire a highly efficient team
- Ensure the success of your team through employee performance reviews and coaching
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Take over the responsibility for the profit & loss statement in your city
- Lead metrics meetings for operational KPI’s and create monthly improvement plans
- Represent the infarm vision in Stuttgart and develop relationships with key stakeholders and external partners
- Introduce marketing initiatives to build the infarm brand and community in Stuttgart, working closely with the Marketing team at infarm headquarters
- Manage mid-term and long-term projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role in Operations or in a general management role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related
- Experience in leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Focus on delivering the best customer experience
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience managing budgets and profit and loss
- Experience in Sales, Public Relations or Marketing is an advantage
- Fluent in English and German
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home