Who we are:
At Nested, we are transforming the UK estate agency market. We combine London's best estate agents with industry-leading technology. The result is that we sell smarter than any other agent; with more transparency for our customers, predictable timelines for their sale and a cash advance that gives homeowners the power of being chain-free.
Backed by Europe's leading VC's, we are proudly building a diverse team, driven by a shared mission of re-inventing how homes are bought and sold. We are looking for individuals who embrace innovation, champion excellence and are motivated by a fast-paced, problem-solving culture. If that’s you, then come and make your “nest” at Nested.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Nested as we build a data-driven estate agency for the 21st Century. Our cross-functional Data team of engineers, analysts and scientists is at the forefront of this push, developing data-backed products, solving technical challenges, identifying and driving business improvements, and enabling access to the data the company needs to make decisions.
You’ll join as an experienced software engineer with an interest in data and data-processing technologies, who is enthusiastic to help build the estate agent of the future, and is excited about joining a centralised Data team operating with a modern approach:
- Our team are all strongly embedded in software engineering best practices - we practice continuous integration and test-driven deployment, engage in peer code reviews and pair programming, and work across a modern data stack using GCP infrastructure
- Our engineers are Product contributors and collaborators - you will work closely with software engineering teams and data analysts and data scientists to understand the data requirements to fulfil product needs, design and implement solutions, prioritise and document requests, and shape our roadmap
- Our engineers work on building our machine-learning capabilities, helping develop the infrastructure and framework for production-ising models
- Our engineers enable self-serve - most data-driven decisions in the company can be covered by self-serve analytics, so engineers take responsibility to ensure that our ETL processes and data pipelines are timely and accurate so that the company, that our customers can rely on the data they’re accessing, and that metrics for this are measured and monitored
- Our engineers are guided by impact - success is determined by the business value we create, which means working on impactful problems and areas, be that investigating new data sources for Product, building processing and machine learning pipelines. or finding ways to optimise existing infrastructure
This is a senior developer role and you’ll be expected to contribute immediately, so we expect you will demonstrate proficiency, aptitude and/or knowledge for:
- Writing clean, performant and well-documented Python and other high-level languages
- Understanding modern database technologies (eg. BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake), data modelling best practices (we use dbt) and SQL
- Knowledgeable about key components of a modern managed data stack (eg. GCP, AWS), and understanding workflow architectures & tools (eg. Cloud Composer/Airflow, Beam/Dataflow)
- Agile engineering best practices, including version control, automated testing and continuous integration
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining data infrastructure, including familiarity with machine learning flows in production, is a plus
- Familiarity of data notebook (eg. Jupyter) and/or BI platform (eg. Looker, Tableau) technologies is a plus
Our ideal candidate is also likely to demonstrate they are:
- Analytically curious
- Comfortable owning projects from start-to-finish, and capable of self-direction
- Eager to learn, keen to share knowledge with team-mates, and constantly developing professionally
- Impact driven, with an ability to focus on those projects which will ‘move-the-needle’, and a proven track record of facilitating and realising product goals through effective communication
- Keen to work at a high-growth startup building top quality data platforms and working on an interesting problem in a huge market
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values
set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- 4% employer pension contribution (Royal London as our provider)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Healthy tech budget for the perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Catered Friday lunch plus monthly team events
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer:
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.