We are growing faster than ever! We are influencing more than ever! With an innovative and disruptive e-commerce product, we believe that the time has come to change the way we buy and sell luxury products.
About the role:
As Buyer for Vestiaire Collective, your two main missions will be to:
- Support Retail projects and Events for the sourcing of products based on guidelines defined by the project leaders,
- Monitor and improve sell through rate and margin of products that are owned by Vestiaire Collective.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop merchandise strategy with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Understand nuances of the Global business and execute appropriate initiatives for different projects (Retail stores projects, Direct Buying business unit)
- Complete top-level opportunistic buys to ensure optimal productivity by item, and react to trends in-season
- Complete vendor selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets
- Partner with Category Managers to develop priority buy list and support Direct Buying as a supply department
- Negotiate and partner with suppliers to maintain gross margin profitability
- Monitor inventory Sell-Through Rate and margins
- Develop and execute aged inventory liquidation strategies
- Facilitate processing of purchased products & coordinate with operation team appropriately
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of buying experience is a must
- Comfortable working for a fashion-tech company with a fast-paced culture
- Self-motivated and proactive in expanding new sourcing channels
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with a team while setting processes for new business initiatives
- Confident, well thought out decision-making skills
- Friendly, team player and can-do attitude
- Forward thinking and long-term goal focused
- Nimble in moderating complex situations and finding smart resolutions
- Passion for fashion and attention to details
If you are ready to join our fast paced company, apply below!
Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.