Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, following love or seeking new experiences, more and more are living in different environments and in new ways. We celebrate the power of people coming together. That’s why we connect ambitious people abroad with their families and friends back home so they can support each other emotionally and financially, and lead more enriched lives.
With a mobile banking app, and an international calling and top-up service, we design products with the needs of modern migrants in mind.
Our ambitious team reflects our international audience. We are a diverse group of people from over 40 different countries that come together every day—and we’re looking for others driven by the same desire to create meaningful products that bridge cultural and geographic distances.
We are looking for a Risk Manager
- Are you passionate about changing the world?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start-up with an already existing and continuously growing business in the back?
- Do you love to help and see challenges from a holistic point of view?
This exciting role has just been created and we are looking for a superstar to join our Stockholm team. The role of a Risk Manager entails the responsibility of preventing, monitoring and eradicating fraudulent practices from our transactions and base, as well as keeping our customers safe from external attempts to harm them.
The main responsibility will be to manage a team that analyzes all the data that is available and detects suspicious behavior in order to take swift action. Creating, implementing, developing and following up the processes and policies required to get this done is also within the scope of this role. Business sense is also a must, as this role will be required to find the elusive right balance between risk management and business goals.
Other responsibilities will include collaborating with other teams and departments and getting them on board in your fight against risk.
- University Degree or equivalent experience
- Highly analytical mindset
- Business-minded individual
- Personnel Management experience
- You take ownership of your field. Once you are in it, you have a clear overview and can make sure your team does what needs to be done to achieve common goals.
- You are flexible. Focus and needs will shift over time to secure success and not lose any speed.
- A criminal background check will be required for this position.
- Not a must but huge extra points:
- Experience in working with or managing teams remotely across different time zones
- Experience in fraud analysis, especially within the banking industry
We are looking for:
- Traveling to the US will be required between 3 and 6 times a year (aprox.)
- An analytical and structured individual
- No schedule issues. Most of the team is located in the US so your schedule will be pushed into the night frequently.
- You can think like a crook. Ever see someone get caught and thought of a concrete way of how you could have done it better?
- An independent quick learner. Before asking, you Google.
- You are extremely curious. It's difficult to let go until you have figured out the exact story behind the numbers.
- You are tech-savvy. Tech interests you and you are not afraid to try new technology.
- If something is urgent, you don't send an email and wait for the reply. You get up and look for the person who can fix it. Then you help them until it is fixed.
- You are not afraid to make evidence-based decisions and take immediate action.
- You thrive in a company that changes constantly. The work you are hired for might not be what you're doing in a week, a month or a year from now. And you think that's just how it should be.