ABOUT THE ROLE
Revolut’s Global Legal team is looking for a talented, pragmatic and innovative employment counsel with 3-4 years of post qualified experience to join its Global Employment Law team. This position will be based in Porto, Portugal and will report into the leader of this group, who is based at the Company’s global headquarters in London, UK. In this position, you will provide advice and counsel to local management and the Human Resources team on a broad range of employment issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; European working time compliance (including shift working), internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee GDPR and privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to independently and proactively support a preventive employment approach and to develop and train on best-practices guidelines and policies, while responding to and completing projects in an innovative and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will also:
• Possess knowledge of employment laws and regulations in Portugal (and preferably Spain but not mandatory) with experience in practical applications
• Be a qualified lawyer in Portugal (3-4 years experience) and in good standing, primarily practising employment law
• Proficient in spoken and written English and command strong legal research skills
• Be able to organise, prioritise and work under pressure and tight timelines
• Have the ability to think analytically and pragmatically and provide innovative, proactive advice and guidance
• Experience in working for a global and culturally diverse organisation
• Be able to develop and foster partnerships with key stakeholders across the company and with Corporate HQ
• Be passionate about technology and have the desire to work for a dynamic global Fintech company
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training and guidance from our team
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription