Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there! We are in the middle of building a new scalable platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Our Engineering Department, led by our CTPO Matt Gatrell, is building out our new digital platform. The Team consists of over 70 Engineers shared across different domain teams. Each engineer has access to a clearly defined and laid out Engineering progression ladder to allow them to plan out what they need to do to progress in their chosen career path.
We are migrating our front-end away from Ruby to React, building a microservice environment using Java 8/11, and moving from Mesos/Marathon to Kubernetes. We also have an iOS app built in Swift 4, and an Android app built in Kotlin. We are building an in-house bespoke UI Design System (cross platform), for our FE clients. We are building new Restful API’s, refactoring legacy code, and enabling our developers to create clear and clean pragmatic code. We’ve introduced Kafka, run our systems on AWS, and have built a DevOps team to provide our Engineers with the tools needed to observe their domain. We have built a strong engineering foundation for knowledge sharing with several skill shares, guilds, and open discussions running every month.
What you’ll need to do:
- Work together in cross-functional teams (Engineering, ops and product) and co-own product delivery end-to- end
- We understand that things can occasionally go wrong, and we want to work with people who can calmly deal with the immediate crisis; are happy to get stuck in to help fix the issue at hand and then work out the root cause and effectively deal with it
- You’ll need the ability to build and deploy efficiently
- Not be afraid to take ownership over projects
- Work collectively with peers and be able to contribute to new tech discussions