We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage, and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and are backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female, with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
As a Graduate Software Engineer at Luno, you will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems, depending on your ability and interests, you will:
- Contribute to code for our apps, backend services or custom built solutions
- Work on diverse set of projects including web front-ends, internal systems, trading, APIs, security, mobile apps
- Be a key stakeholder in your pod (team) taking ownership of your competency duties in that pod, for which the engineers are dependant on.
Luno offers you the possibility to directly affect users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem.
How we work:
Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
What you need:
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, distributed computing, software design
- Familiarity with git, testing, software design
- To be able to pick up new skills and languages quickly
- Hons/BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A passion for cryptography, security and Bitcoin
The position is based in Cape Town, so applicants should be South African citizens or have the necessary permits to work in South Africa.
What will help:
- RESTful APIs, networking, responsive web development and security
Your first 90 Days:
You will start your journey with our on-boarding programme for two weeks to learn our processes, and meet the wider team. Then you will start our engineering specific on-boarding programme. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our idiomatic patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way - by building your own toy micro services. You'll get to practice how we do design docs, code reviews, deployments, events, logging and monitoring.
After completing the Toy Services on-boarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's OKRs and will begin delivering features from our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
What’s in it for you:
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
Be part of the change! 🚀