Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as it is.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
As Key Relationship Manager you'll join our South African countries team in Johannesburg. You'll be maintaining and expanding relationships with key clients and working closely with various business units in order to maintain and further develop relationships with key accounts. You will help us gain a deep understanding of our customers and then fine-tuning our service to match their needs. South Africa is a highly strategic market for Luno and this is a great opportunity for you to help build a large business within Luno.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a contact for key customers and internal teams
- Develop and maintain strategic, long-term trusting relationships with high-volume clients
- Work closely with various business departments in order to maintain and further develop relationships with key customers
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of competing products/services, pricing structures, and overall strengths and weaknesses in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business
- Generate new business in the assigned accounts as well as the attainment of new accounts for the business
- Gather, report and communicate customers' feedback on service and product delivery to internal business departments
You’ll be a good fit for the role if you have:
- A relevant university qualification with 5-7 years of work experience
- Experience working in Financial Services
- Experience working in an environment that deals with high-net-worth customers
- Previous work experience as Key Account Manager
- Passion for account management and customer experience
- Basic knowledge of how cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin work, and enthusiasm to promote cryptocurrencies (preferable)
- Drive and are motivated to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, continuously develop (via MyAcademy) and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- Annual Inspiration Day
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - we fly in everyone around the globe to Luno’s birth town to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with lunch catered (except for Fridays).
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for our hairy friends.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and beer Fridays for whoever wants to join!
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.