We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our Engineering team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage, and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female, with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
What you need:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory. (Not specific to Scrum, Luno practices agile but not SCRUM specifically.)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
More in-depth info of what you’ll do:
- Guide 2-3 build team pods on how to use Agile practices and values to delight customers.
- Removing impediments or guiding the pods to remove impediments by finding the right solution.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work, including inter-competency task coordination.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Ticket management (Phabricator) - Backlog grooming, managing standups etc.
- Release Train Coordination - release notes, alignment with the Engineering Manager around timelines.
- Ensuring at all times that initiatives and priorities align with the organisational objectives and key results (OKRs) in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
Be part of the change! 🚀