Based Omega, Warrington, WA5 3TP.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
THG is looking to recruit a Packaging Technologist based at our main Manufacturing site in Burtonwood, Warrington, to deliver improvements in packaging quality, sustainability and innovation for our leading Wellbeing and Nutrition brands.
- Provide expertise to lead problem solving and resolve packaging issues/quality concerns.
- Deliver Packaging projects from concept to go live including managing factory trials.
- Advise and Manage Technical aspects of packaging development process
- Work with the NPD/Marketing team to ensure we have full understanding of brief and support as required to meet the product criteria.
- Help to define packaging testing protocols for NPD launches (compatibility, functionality and transit)
- Structural assessment, sample sign off and creating packaging specifications.
- Evaluation of initial designs with the Procurement, Marketing and NPD team to ensure what is presented can be reproduced. Highlight tooling and decoration limitations and advise alternatives/amendments.
- Review of developed artworks to verify compliance with business requirements.
- Sign off and approval of technical drawings for commissioned packs.
- Advise buying teams on manufacturing processes for packaging to ensure best aesthetic fit can be attained.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of packaging innovation developments with packaging suppliers.
- Challenge and manage suppliers to deliver the required standards.
- Identify high risk formulation/packaging and assess testing with suppliers. Sign off of testing that fall outside of criteria but within commercial tolerance.
- Monitoring packaging impact on operational processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure a seamless process.
- Reporting of compliance data for all packaging initiatives.