THG (The Hut Group)’ s primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and sports nutrition consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, ESPA, Illamasqua, Grow Gorgeous, Mamma Mio, Mio Skincare and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group. We manufacture and ship a wide range of sports nutrition and beauty products to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres located in Warrington UK, in Continental Europe, US, APAC and India.
THG is looking to recruit a Site Engineering Manager to lead the Engineering team based at our main + 1M sq ft Manufacturing and Distribution Centre in Warrington. You will be responsible for provision of both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within a combined manufacturing and fulfilment facility. This role reports to the Group Head of Engineering and CI.
To be considered you will need to have experience managing large multi-skilled teams and ideally experience in Food Manufacturing. You should also be proficient in change management. The Omega site is critical to our global operations and therefore, this role is key to our continued growth. We’re looking for a strong leader who thrives under pressure and has a clear vision of what success looks like.
- To promote health and safety awareness for all personnel inclusive of contractors, compliance with all THG polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
- To ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
- Create and manage Engineering budgets for the site, both capital and operational.
- To lead and manage capital investment projects in conjunction with the Group Project and Technical teams; ensuring projects are delivered safely, to the correct quality, on-time and to budget.
- To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; manage and react in a timely manner to equipment outage.
- To maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies and reduce costs through initiatives such as RCM, CBM, life cycle analysis, FMEA etc.
- To ensure adequate resources, equipment and people, are in place to meet operational needs; including scheduling of shift patterns for the team and purchasing equipment so that spare levels are managed effectively.
- Represent the Engineering department in all site and Group meetings
- Produce weekly reports, metrics and performance of the site and team.
- Performance development of all Engineering team members for the site.
- Recruit personnel; create training and development plans for team, including Apprentices and Graduates.
- To ensure waste management and environmental policies are applied to ensure minimal impact on local environment and compliance with environmental legislation.
- Ensure compliance with BRC and ISO standards.
- Ensure all relevant Statutory Compliance is current, recorded, updated and maintained for the site