The Hut Group aims to be the world’s largest Online Sports Nutrition, Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing international operations. We are located at Exit 116 right off the 65 in Shepherdsville KY, a short 20-minute drive from downtown Louisville.
As SQA Technologist you will work closely with our New Product Development teams with the development of new product ranges. You will collect data from existing and new suppliers and prepare reports and risk assessments in relation to raw materials. You will understand the importance of efficient supply chain relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the management of THG supplier approval program database
- Knowledge in the application of horizon scanning tools into THG VACCP/Materials risk assessment.
- Act as a subject matter expert on all THG raw materials.
- Able to analyze and interpret test results, such as micro or nutritional analyses.
- The SQA Technologist will be a member of the HACCP and TACCP teams and a key user for all consumer technical related issues.
- Ensure full traceability is achievable from intake back through from supplier to farm with provenance and integrity of all raw materials known and understood.
- Provide technical input for all developmental work to ensure all new products are safe, legal and can be manufactured to meet the highest of quality standards.
- Request and maintain up to date and accurate specifications for all raw materials and packaging used on site.
- Request and maintain up to date and accurate third-party audit certificates and audit reports for all suppliers used on site.
- Ensure accurate allergen information is in place for all specifications, packaging labels, questionnaires and factory product.
- Request and retain up to date certificates of conformity and analysis for all raw materials, packaging and food contact equipment used by the Company.
- Support THG wider technical team as required.
- Supporting the Goods in team with tasks when required
- Communication with suppliers when required