THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire that is open 24 /7 364 days a year.
Due to rapid growth THG is looking to recruit a Team Leader / Supervisor with experience in Inventory / Stock Control and experience using a Warehouse Management System to lead a team of around 20-30 Warehouse Operatives working in our main distribution centre in Warrington on Back End Day Shift which operates 6AM to 6PM alternate Weds, and every Thurs, Fri and Sat.
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Lead and Motivate a small team carrying out a variety of Warehouse Tasks related to Inventory Management, Stock queries and Quality Control.
- You will be supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- Your team will be using hand-held portable scanning devices, that receive instructions sent by our WMS, to guide them when managing orders and to view order details
- You will work with L & D to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform
- You will also be required to ensure that your team are all adhering to THG’s Health & Safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment
- You will need to ensure that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs and make corrections as needed
- You will be the first line of escalation for any colleague concerns or requirement including HR issues
- Ensure KPIs and quality standards are met.
- Become recognised as a the process expert and leader of change in your process
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with plans
- Communicate instructions from Senior Staff to your team and ensure these are followed.
- Identify key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Work with the people team to manage employee relations issues including absence reviews
- Assume shift management responsibility in times of absence and holiday
- This role is the first line manager role and success is measured in people and process metrics. The ability to assume greater responsibility and leverage team strengths to solve basic problems will highlight those with potential for additional responsibility.