ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated Counsel, Core to join the Legal team in our London headquarters. This role will report directly to a Senior Legal Counsel. Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of matters.
What you will be doing
• Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
• Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products
• Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to original new products and expansion into new markets
• Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes
• Develop and maintain form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
• Serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
• High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
• An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
• Strong experience in advising clients on commercial contract matters (past experience in: regulatory, IP, IT is a plus) across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Technology and Corporates
• Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
• Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• Hold a current practicing certificate
• 2+ years PQE with strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
• Data protection is a plus
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year